Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Show All Answers
If your Carbon Monoxide detector emits an alarm, do not panic. Complete a check of yourself and your family to make sure everyone is fine. Find out if anyone is feeling ill (dizzy, lightheaded, headache, fatigue, etc.). If someone is not feeling normal, evacuate the house and call 911. The Fire Department's ambulance will be dispatched with medical equipment to treat your symptoms, and CO monitoring devices to survey your residence. If everyone is feeling normal and there are no complaints of sickness, investigate the matter further. Start with the detector, make sure it is operating properly and check the battery. Next, check anything that produces heat. Make sure these items are in proper working order, vented properly, and clean. You should call Consumers Energy at 1 (800) 477-5050, or a licensed contractor to detect and fix the problem.