All federal, state, and local elections are administered by the City Clerk.Pursuant to state election law, polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on all election days. You must vote at the polling place for the precinct in which you reside.
Please visit the links on the green tab for more information on absentee voting, voter registration, locating your precinct, and other general information. Important election dates and other information are also regularly posted on the City website's front page under news and announcements. You can subscribe to the City's news and announcements here.
If you need assistance, please contact the City Clerk's Office via email or phone, (248) 733-3700, extension 235 for Elections.
November 3rd Election
Important Election Dates:
October 19th - Last day to register in any manner, other than in-person, with the local clerk for the November general election.
October 20th through November 3rd at 8:00 p.m. - In-person registration with proof of residency, at the local clerk's office.
November 3rd- Statewide general election.
Who is on the ballot?
- U.S. President/Vice President
- U.S. Senator (1 seat)
- U.S. Representative in Congress
- State Representative
- State Board of Education
- University of Michigan Regents, Michigan State University Trustees, and Wayne State University Governors.
- Justice of the State of Michigan Supreme Court
- Judge of the Court of Appeals, the Circuit Court, the District Court and Probate Court