- Located just 27 miles north of downtown Detroit
- Rochester was also featured by U.S. News and World Report’s “The Best Life” serious by Philip Moeller as being one of the “10 Best Places for Lifelong Learning.”
- Rochester is just minutes from Oakland University, Rochester University, and Oakland Community College. There are over 26 other major colleges and universities in southeastern Michigan.
- Rochester’s workforce is highly educated, with 52% of its population having obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher. This makes Rochester an ideal location for any leading edge company to establish operations.
- The City of Rochester features a historic, vibrant, and thriving downtown which has been recognized as one of the best in the State of Michigan and nationally.
How the City Can Help Your Business
The City of Rochester's Economic Development Team and it's partners can help you establish or grow your business.
The City of Rochester is committed to working closely with entrepreneurs, business owners, and developers to provide a business-friendly climate while meeting the needs of the community. Additionally, the City works closely with Oakland County's Economic Development team and the State of Michigan's Economic Development corporation to assist our business' economic needs.
Contact Nik Banda, Economic & Community Development Director and Deputy City Manager by email or at 248-733-3700 to find out more about the resources and incentives the city can offer your business. We look forward to hearing from you.