To register as an elector in the State of Michigan, you must be 18 years of age on the day of the election, and have been a resident of the community for 30 days prior to the election.
Register to vote using the Voter Registration Form, or you may also register in person at any Secretary of State Office or local Clerk's Office. View the Michigan Votes Voter Information Center to see if you are registered to vote in Michigan.
Notice of Registration for the Election to be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that any qualified elector of the City of Rochester who is not already registered, may register to vote at the office of the City Clerk; the office of the County Clerk; a Secretary of State branch office, or other designated state agency. Registration forms can be obtained at mi.gov/vote and mailed to the City Clerk. Voters who are already registered may update their registration at www.expressSOS.com.
The last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, October 21, 2019.
After this date, anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in person with proof of residency (MCL 168.492) at the City of Rochester Clerk’s Office, located at 400 Sixth Street, Rochester, MI 48307 at the following times.
- Regular business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City of Rochester will be voting on:
- Members for City Council
- Charter Amendment Proposal A: Section 3.4 – Renumeration of Members of Council
- Charter Amendment Proposal B: Section 6.4 – Health
- Charter Amendment Proposal C: Chapter 13 – Municipal Court
- Charter Amendment Proposal D: Section 14.1 – Notice to the City for Claim for Injuries
- Charter Amendment Proposal E: Section 6.11, Restriction of the Council, subsection (b)
- Charter Amendment Proposal F: Section 4.1 – Eligibility for Office in City
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE-Operating Millage Renewal Proposal – Oakland Community College
- LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT-Millage Proposal-Building and Site Sinking Fund Tax Levy-Rochester Community Schools